Bike setup is critical
Above all, correct bike setup is vital for optimal muscle recruitment, development of the right muscles and firing patterns, and the prevention of injuries and conditions associated with incorrect positioning. Mountain biking by nature places increased demands on muscles and joints due to the irregularities of the trail. The entire body must work to balance out these significant forces and endure stresses that are irregular and unnatural.
For these reasons the correct bike setup is paramount as your riding volume increases and the potential gains and risks from your increased activity rise exponentially. To manage these atypical demands, your bike fit will be optimised to deal with the rigors of the trail as well.
The anatomical benefit peak performance and increased riding enjoyment of a correct bike fit should not be considered as only for those riding at an elite level. A Body Bike Trail bike fit is an essential resource for riders of all levels. Getting you comfortable on your bike, allowing optimal use of your skills and, overall, increasing your enjoyment of mountain biking is our priority.
Body Bike Trail offers a comprehensive mountain bike fitting service through the knowledge and experience of both a Physiotherapist and a Professional Mountain Biker.
We can provide you with a completely individual setup based on your body, your bike and the type of riding you do. Covering all the aspects, we’ll give you and your bike the complete treatment.
Aims of our service
- Provide you with a totally comfortable bike fit
- Significantly improve your performance
- Prevent common injuries associated with higher activity levels
- Create postural awareness
- Increase pedaling and riding efficiency
- Provide you with physiotherapy advice and exercise plans to improve aspects of your physical condition that will compliment your custom setup
- Increase your cycling enjoyment
Your Body Bike Trail bike fit is derived from…
- Your personal musculoskeletal dimensions
- Your functional characteristics
- Your type and level of riding
- Your personal strengths and weaknesses
- $175 for your custom bike fit and body analysis. This takes approximately 90 minutes.
- $75 for a second bike fit – same client/same booking. This takes an additional 45 minutes.